- fall asleep faster than men, being more tired Need to sleep on average 11 minutes longer than men
- spend more time in deep sleep than men, although that changes in menopause
- have trouble sleeping due to cramps, headaches, and bloating during menstruation
- report higher levels of daytime sleepiness, tiredness, and fatigue
- report poorer sleep during pregnancy and as they take care of newborns
- experience sleep depriivation during menopause due to hot flashes, depression and sleep apnea
Woman, you are strong. Yet your sleep can be fragile.
"Woman, you are strong. Yet your sleep can be fragile.
Protect it through worries, pressure and responsibilities.
Nurture it through your cycles, pregnancy and menopause.
It's a little harder for us.
It's a little more needed for us.
We take on life with the greater responsibility of carrying it too.
Woman, protect your sleep."
Julie Wright (2021)
Source: Sleep Foundation
- The WeSleep Team -